If you are coming on holiday to the Canary Islands in the near future, the following information is relevant to you:
LATEST NEWS: Coronavirus (COVID-19) here
What should I do if I get symptoms during my stay on Canary Islands? Covid medical insurance.
If you experience symptoms such as a cough, a temperature, shortness of breath or feeling generally unwell, self-isolate at your accommodation and call 900 112 061 for instructions and to be put in touch with the appropriate medical centre.
Remember that you must wear a mask if you go to any medical centre in the islands and avoid touching anything with your hands.
As what is most important is your health and well-being, if you do not have medical insurance, we will provide you with an AXA policy free of charge in Canary Islands to cover all expenses relating to COVID-19. See everything that it covers here.
Links of interest
- Spain Travel Health portal you can fill out the health control form and obtain your QR Code
- LATEST NEWS: Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Canary Islands tourism website here
- The European Union has set up a website and a mobile app that provides all the information you need to travel to each European Union member state, the requirements at each destination and other information required by tourists. The site is called “Re-open EU” and provides travellers with the procedures to follow before travelling to each destination.Re-open EU
- Up-to-date information on the incidence rate in Canary Islands https://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/principal/coronavirus/semaforo/
- Official Canary Islands Gazette. Resolution on preventive measures for the transition toward the new normal on Canary Islands.Official Canary Islands Gazette
- Up-to-date information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) in SpainMinistry of Health of the Government of Spain
- World Health Organisation https://www.who.int/home
Hygiene and safety rules:
Clean your hands frequently, using soap and water or hydroalcoholic hand sanitiser
When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and then put the tissue in the bin
Follow social distancing by staying at least 1.5 metres away from people who don’t live with you (with or without symptoms)
You must wear a mask on public transport, outdoors and in enclosed public spaces, regardless of whether you are at the minimum social distance of 1.5 metres
If symptoms appear, call:
900 112 061